Following a successful career trading commodities on Wall Street, Kelley led institutional investments in the trust division at Fifth Third Bank before joining the Bartlett Wealth Management team in 1996.
Kelley serves as a guiding force for Bartlett clients and within the community, blending keen industry acumen with strong strategic problem-solving skills and a sincere interest in human wellbeing.
Under Kelley’s guidance, Bartlett has received more than a dozen national accolades – most recently, Bloomberg’s No. 2 Registered Investment Advisory Firm nationwide — and expanded provide wealth management services, distinctive of financial planning and investment management. Her expertise has been instrumental in developing Bartlett Fund Advantage strategies for both institutional and private clients.
As Bartlett’s first female President and CEO, Kelley has helped position the company for innovative, 21st-century leadership. Peripheral to her role as lead advisor for Bartlett’s Environment, Social, Governance investing strategy, Kelley has personally spearheaded a range of forward-thinking initiatives that include significant advances in technology, promoting a paperless office environment, implementing virtual desktops and creating Bartlett’s own cloud.
A creative thinker and roll-up-your-sleeves leaders, Kelley has mentored groups of young professional women at Bartlett, preparing them as future leaders for the firm and the community. Her perspective is frequently sought by organizations in the community focused on the arts, education, social service, charitable giving and financial literacy.
The Hammond, Indiana, native currently resides in Milford with her husband and two cats. Kelley is a mother and grandmother who spends her time outside of work watching basketball, gardening, cycling and playing piano.
Ask Kelley About
- SRI/ESG investing
- Succession planning
- Navigating difficult life transitions
- Investing for women
- Protecting seniors from financial fraud
- Financial wellbeing after divorce
Kelley J. Downing
Executive Chair, Wealth Advisor, Principal
- Miami University, BA, 1976
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, MBA, 1979
- St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy: Founding Member; Board Member
- Cincinnati Women’s Executive Forum: Founding Member of Steering Committee
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company: Board of Trustees
- Dan Beard Boy Scout Foundation: Board of Trustees
- Cincinnati Regional Business Committee: Member and Co-Chair of Governance and Membership Committee,
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra: Member of Investment Committee
- Vistage: Member, since 2012
- United Way Tocqueville Society: Member, since 2010
- Leadership Cincinnati: Member Class XXVII
- Miami University: Guest Lecturer, since 2000
- YWCA: Nominating Committee, Since 2016
- Venue and Lead Magazine C-Suite Award, Class of 2016
- Cincinnati Business Courier C-Suite Award, 2015
- YWCA Career Women of Achievement, Class of 2015
- Cincinnati Enquirer Women of the Year, Class of 2015
- Five Star Wealth Manager, since 2012
- Ranked in Cincinnati Power 100, 2012-2013
- We Celebrate Woman of the Year Runner-Up, 2008