Transitioning after 13 years as President and CEO, Kelley now serves Bartlett as Executive Chair, providing mentorship and guidance for the new CEO and President and continuing to support the intentional transition of responsibilities to promote a successful succession plan, all while continuing to serve longtime clients.
Kelley serves as a guiding force for Bartlett clients and within the community, blending keen industry acumen with strong strategic problem-solving skills and a sincere interest in human wellbeing. Her expertise has been instrumental in developing Bartlett Fund Advantage strategies for both institutional and private clients.
As Bartlett’s first female President and CEO, Kelley helped position the company for innovative, 21st-century leadership. Kelley leads the firm’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) investment team and has spearheaded a range of forward-thinking initiatives that include significant advances in technology, promoting a paperless office environment, implementing virtual desktops and creating Bartlett’s own cloud. She also prioritizes the mentorship of young professional women at Bartlett, preparing them as future leaders for the firm and the community.
The Hammond, Indiana native currently resides east of Cincinnati with her husband and pets, adding goats to her homestead this Spring. Kelley is a mother and grandmother who spends her time outside of work creating a self-sustainable life style for her family. She enjoys gardening, cooking, and playing piano.
Ask Kelley About
- SRI/ESG investing
- Succession planning
- Navigating difficult life transitions
- Investing for women
- Protecting seniors from financial fraud
- Financial wellbeing after divorce
Kelley J. Downing
Executive Chair, Wealth Advisor, Principal
- Miami University, BA, 1976
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, MBA, 1979
- St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy: Founding Member; Board Member
- Cincinnati Women’s Executive Forum: Founding Member of Steering Committee
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company: Board of Trustees
- Dan Beard Boy Scout Foundation: Board of Trustees
- Cincinnati Regional Business Committee: Member and Co-Chair of Governance and Membership Committee,
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra: Member of Investment Committee
- Vistage: Member, since 2012
- United Way Tocqueville Society: Member, since 2010
- Leadership Cincinnati: Member Class XXVII
- Miami University: Guest Lecturer, since 2000
- YWCA: Nominating Committee, Since 2016